screen refresh in bright light
2012-07-21, 16:54 GMT
screen refresh in bright light
I'm have been using a boox a60 for more then 2 years and I'm thinking about buying another one.

BUT: my boox doesn't refresh the screen properly in bright light. so I want to know if this is a known issue or a bug only concerning my device.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2012-07-21, 17:30 GMT
RE: screen refresh in bright light
It may be that you have the exact problem I had; bought mine also some 2 years ago. There was a bad series Boox60 then, with wrong screens from China. I got a new one from my retailler...
2012-07-21, 17:34 GMT
(2012-07-21 17:30 GMT)Snoesje Wrote:  It may be that you have the exact problem I had; bought mine also some 2 years ago. There was a bad series Boox60 then, with wrong screens from China. I got a new one from my retailler...

And the new one works properly?????
2012-07-24, 16:42 GMT
I also had a faulty one and got it replaced by the dealer (this was a couple years ago). The newer one is fine in direct sunlight. I would imagine that the newest models with the improved pearl screen are fine in sunlight too.
2012-07-25, 16:10 GMT
There are some Boox 60, delivered two years ago, with the 8 gray levels who are defected. The Boox with pearl screen (16 gray levels) have no problem.

I have one boox with a defected screen. The vendor has choose a policy of replacement who consists in a discriminant level of sensibility.
If a Boox is completely unreadable when you read at the backlight with the summer's sun it can be replaced, otherwise no.

My boox belongs to the set of readers who are not enough "vampirized".