Display for i62
2012-02-10, 10:14 GMT
Display for i62
Hello!

I've bought onyx books i62 a couple days ago, but unfourtunatly I've broken its display. Please, can anybody give me an advice where can I buy or order display for this ebook.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2012-02-10, 14:19 GMT
RE: Display for i62
(2012-02-10 10:14 GMT)lecovich Wrote:  Hello!

I've bought onyx books i62 a couple days ago, but unfourtunatly I've broken its display. Please, can anybody give me an advice where can I buy or order display for this ebook.

It would help to know in which area of the world you live.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2012-02-10, 14:41 GMT
kib, I live in Russia. I suppose that it is possible to send the display via post.
2012-02-10, 15:05 GMT
(2012-02-10 14:41 GMT)lecovich Wrote:  kib, I live in Russia. I suppose that it is possible to send the display via post.

I would contact your reseller first.
I know Onyx has a repaircentre in Germany that handles European fixes/replaxes but I am not sure about Russia.

If your reseller can't help you, try to contact Onyx directly.
2012-02-10, 15:24 GMT (This post was last modified: 2012-02-10 15:33 GMT by lecovich.)
kib, thank you for your help! I've almost lost my hope.
In Russia there are a lot of Onyx resselers but only one service center is presented that provide repairing Onyx products. So that is kind of monopoly, when display replacing can cost 60%-65% of device's cost. So that's why I'm trying to get display and replace it by myself. In my opinion this operation is not very difficult/
2012-02-12, 06:50 GMT
I don't think that you can buy a single display to repair your own device, but you might try asking either the Service Center or Onyx themselves if they will sell you one.

I would not be surprised if the cost of the display plus the shipping cost would be more than what you would pay at the service center to have it repaired by them.