Apps for i62 Nautilus
2012-02-05, 16:10 GMT
Exclamation Apps for i62 Nautilus
Yesterdeay I got my Onyx Boox i62, and since i'm advanced user I want some applications for it. Almost all of existing apps can't work with my device. However some of them work fine, e.g. ScreenSaverManager and some games. But Terminal failed to start. Is there any working alternative to the Terminal for i62? Is there a list of working apps for this device?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2012-02-05, 16:38 GMT
RE: Apps for i62 Nautilus
(2012-02-05 16:10 GMT)DrXakep Wrote:  Yesterdeay I got my Onyx Boox i62, and since i'm advanced user I want some applications for it. Almost all of existing apps can't work with my device. However some of them work fine, e.g. ScreenSaverManager and some games. But Terminal failed to start. Is there any working alternative to the Terminal for i62? Is there a list of working apps for this device?

i think you can try ssh.

http://pbsdk.vlasovsoft.net/files/onyx_dropbear.zip

1) run dropbear.oar on the boox
2) go to browser and connect to wifi
3) use any ssh client on your computer and login on device
2012-02-05, 19:05 GMT
(2012-02-05 16:38 GMT)iukpun Wrote:  i think you can try ssh.

http://pbsdk.vlasovsoft.net/files/onyx_dropbear.zip

1) run dropbear.oar on the boox
2) go to browser and connect to wifi
3) use any ssh client on your computer and login on device

Thanks for reply, but I have hidden network(it doesn't broadcast SSID). And e-book doesn't connect to it. I posted the same question in my native-languague forum, and was advised to do the same things... But WiFi... And if I could connect to my home network... Can I somehow (mb using console, or just using USB cable) do this (I mean connect to my network)?
2012-02-06, 06:33 GMT (This post was last modified: 2012-02-06 06:43 GMT by DrXakep.)
I saw Dropbear was written in SH. What can I do with this script language on my device? I mean, e.g., can I execute terminal commands? Will they be executed with root privileges?
2012-02-06, 10:07 GMT
(2012-02-06 06:33 GMT)DrXakep Wrote:  I saw Dropbear was written in SH. What can I do with this script language on my device? I mean, e.g., can I execute terminal commands? Will they be executed with root privileges?

yes, programs and scripts have root priveleges.
Yes, you can run shell scripts.

no, dropbear are written in C
2012-02-06, 11:55 GMT
(2012-02-06 10:07 GMT)iukpun Wrote:  no, dropbear are written in C

Ok, maybe it's written in C/C++.

Does onyx support Bash? And can I connect to WiFi network using Bash/Sh?